Whitelisting is the process of adding an email to an approved sender list, so emails from that sender are never moved to the spam folder. When a recipient whitelists an email address, they are confirming that they know and trust the sender. This will help ensure customers and freelancers receive our emails.
Here is a guide to whitelisting an email in Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail & Outlook
How to whitelist an Email in Gmail
Log into your email via Gmail
Go to the search bar
Type in the name. For example firstname.lastname@example.org or rev.com
You will be presented with a form. In the From line type the email address/domain.
- Go down to the bottom right which says Create filter with this search and click on the link
- Tick the box that says Never sent to spam and also the box that says Always mark as important
- Click on Create Filter
That's it! Emails from the email address/domain will now always come through to your inbox.
How to whitelist an email in Yahoo
Option 1: - Move From Spam
- Log into your Yahoo mail
- Find the email you wish to whitelist in your Spam folder
- Tick on the box next to the name
- Click on Not Spam
This will automatically move your email to your inbox.
Option 2: - Add a contact email in your inbox
- Go to your inbox
- Tick the box next to the name
- Go to the ellipse (...)
- Click on Add sender to Contacts
- Then add the name, surname, email address, etc.
- Click Save
All contacts that are in your contact list are automatically whitelisted.
Option 3: - Whitelist an email or domain name
- Go to Settings
- Click on More Settings
- Go to Filters
- Under Your Filter click on +Add my filters
- Type in the filter name
- Select a filter criterion
- Click on Contains
- Add in the email name
- Select the folder you want the email address to be in, such as your inbox
- Select Save
How to whitelist an Email in Hotmail or Outlook
- Go to Junk Mail
- Click on the email address you want to whitelist
- Select Not junk
- Click Okay (which will allow your email to show up in your inbox)
- Click on the email
- Click on the ellipse (...) which will allow you to add your email to your contacts
- Select Create
All future emails will go straight into your inbox.
- Go to Settings
- View all Outlook settings
- Select Junk email
- Scroll down to Safe senders and domains
- Click Add
- Type in the email address
It's as easy as that!