Place Rev human captioning orders from within YuJa. Completed caption files will be automatically pushed back to the appropriate video in YuJa. This integration does not support translated subtitles.
Connecting your Rev and YuJa accounts
1. Create a Rev account
Create a Rev.com account by visiting our registration page. If you already have a Rev.com account, sign in to Rev and proceed to step 2.
2. Setup Payment Source
To place orders, you'll have to do at least one of the following:
3. Get your Rev API User Key
When logged into rev.com, view the settings page and click “Regenerate” next to the API Key. Note that Rev does not store your API key, and it will only be visible once, so keep it somewhere safe for future use.
4. Link your Rev.com and YuJa accounts
You must be a YuJa administrator to add the Rev integration.
1. Go to Admin Panel from the Main Menu and choose Integrations
2. Select Rev from the dropdown box
3. Enter your Rev UserAPI Key. The Rev ClientAPI Key needs to be filled in, but any value will work. In the example below we used the value “ddd.”
Now, you're ready to place orders!
Placing Orders using Yuja <> Rev Integration
Once your YuJa and Rev accounts are linked, you can access human-created captions. Rev’s human-created captions can be ordered through the Captioning options for the individual video.
1. Access Human Captioning by navigating to the Media Library from the Main Menu.
2. When you’re in your media library, hover over the video you want to caption and click More.
3. Once the menu pops up, click on the Accessibility option on the left.
4. Then click the Human Caption option.
5. You will be asked whether you want to overwrite the machine caption file already associated with your video. Select Yes.
6. Confirm the captions will be sent to Rev by clicking Send Request.
7. The dialog will confirm your caption request has been sent to Rev. You can now click Close.
Editing YuJa User Permissions
In YuJa you can edit who is able to order captions once you have connected your Rev and YuJa accounts.
In the admin panel within your Yuja account, navigate to Accessibility and click the "Edit" button under "External Captioning Users."
There are two ways to edit access to Rev captions.
- Role-based: certain user roles can order captions
- User-based: certain users can order captions
Once users have been granted access, they are free to add captions at any time.