Welcome to Rev Max! We're excited to help you get started.
What’s included in Rev Max
- 20 hours of automated transcription per month
- Unlimited Zoom meeting transcripts via Zoom integration
- These do not count towards your 20 hours/month
- Access to Custom Glossary feature
How to transcribe a file
- Login to your Rev accounthere
- From “My Files”, select “Place New Order” then “Automated Transcription” to upload your audio or video content for transcription with your Rev Max subscription.
- Your completed transcripts will appear a few minutes later in your "My Files" page.
How to set up and use the Zoom integration
Note: Only active subscribers have access to the Zoom integration.
Once you are subscribed, go to the“Manage Zoom Integration” page.From that page, you can follow the simple steps to get started:
- Link your Rev account to your Zoom account.
Note: You must have a Pro, Business, Business+, Enterprise or Education Zoom account to use this integration. This integration will not work for Free (Basic) Zoom users.
- Configure your Zoom settings
Zoom settings that must be enabled to use the Zoom integration:
- Cloud Recording Enabled
- Record Video Enabled
- Record Audio Transcript Enabled
- For Zoom Business, Business+, Enterprise, or Education Customers,Zoom settings must be enabled to receive enhanced speaker identification
- Record Audio Transcript Enabled
Note: We require users to cloud record their zoom meetings to use our app. There are limitations on Zoom Cloud recording that are listed in thisarticlefrom Zoom.
- Once you have completed those two settings, the Zoom integration is ready for use. During your next Zoom meeting, you need to record your meeting to the cloud. (Press Record > Record to the Cloud). Once the integration setup is complete, all meetings recorded to the cloud will be transcribed by Rev. The completed automated transcripts will live in My Files on rev.com. Quick reminder: You get unlimited Zoom meetings transcribed as part of your Rev Max subscription. Any meetings transcribed via Zoom integration do not count towards your 20 hours/month.
How to improve the accuracy of your transcript with our custom glossary feature
Rev has built this feature so you can personally impact the quality of your transcripts. By submitting correct spellings of terms or phrases that you think will come up in your audio/video files and that may be difficult to transcribe, you can improve the accuracy of the transcript. Any submitted terms or phrases will be ingested by our speech recognition on all automated transcript orders.
- Login to your Rev account here.
- Select "Manage Glossary" from the left-hand navigation.
- Add one phrase per line (can contain multiple words).
- Focus on proper nouns and domain-specific words.
- Use only English letters, spaces, hyphens, and apostrophes.
How to place an order for human transcription
Your Rev Max subscription only includes hours of transcription by Rev's automated transcription service. If you need to purchase human transcription, you will need to pay the per-minute rate of $1.50/minute. In order to do that,
- Login to your Rev account here
- From “My Files”, select “Place New Order” then “Transcription” to upload your audio or video content for transcription with your Rev Max subscription.
- Your completed human transcripts will appear within 12 hours in your "My Files" page.
How to manage your Rev Max subscription
Please go to the Manage Subscription page to make any changes to your subscription. This includes changing your credit card, downloading receipts, checking your remaining usage, canceling your subscription or renewing your subscription.
If you have additional questions, please check out this FAQ.