Q: How do I get access to my Billing Portal?
A: Follow steps below:
1. Account owner must invite you to their shared account and give you the "Billing Admin" permissions. This is done by navigating to the "Invite Teammates" link in the site menu (on the left or in the dropdown menu).
2. Click on the Get Started with Rev link in your invite email to create a Rev account
3. Log into your account and click on Billing Portal link in the dropdown menu (see below)
*Note: You can only be a Billing Admin for one account.
Q: How do I get off of Credit Hold??
A: Become current on all past due invoices (please allow 2 business days to process). If you have any questions/concerns regarding your balance you can contact us email@example.com.
Q: Who needs access to the Billing Portal?
A: The person responsible for paying invoices and/or who is required to review the invoices for approval. They will be able to download invoices, make payments, and see the status of an invoice.
Q: How do I know my current permissions/role?
You can view your current permissions/role by visiting the page Rev.com/account/users - the permissions/role can be found besides the name in the Teammates section. These are the following options for roles and permissions:
- Default Billing Admin.
- Ability to invite and revoke Teammates
- Ability to give Billing Admin access to other users.
- Ability to see all users files.
- Ability to invite and revoke Teammates
- Ability to see all user files.
- Can only see their own files.
Billing Admin: Access to the Billing portal and all the underlying functionality, including; Make Payments, Download Invoices, View Usage, Credit Memos, Payments, etc.
Q: How to add Account Level POs vs Order specific POs?
A: An Account Level PO is a PO that is applied to the account and is automatically applied to all orders and invoices related to the account. In addition having a PO at the account level systematically blocks the user at check out from modifying the PO. To add an Account Level PO have a Billing Admin send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the appropriate information.
Order Level PO is a PO any user can add to an order during the check out process and will appear on the "Usage Details" portion of the invoice.
Q: What are the available Billing and Payment options?
A: Rev.com offers three Billing/Payment options:
- Pay As you Go (PAYG): The default option for new customers. This requires the user to pay for the order during the check out process.
- Monthly Billing: Customers may apply for Monthly billing in arrears (here). Upon acceptance customer is billed on the 1st of the month for the prior month's activity.
- Contracted Customers: To become a contracted customer contact sales at (here). Contracted customers gain the benefit of flexible billing options and custom pricing.
Q: How do I view invoices in the new Billing Portal?
A: After clicking on the Billing Portal in the right hand navigation bar, click on the Invoices/Make a Payment tab ( on the left of the new Billing Portal). Invoices can be viewed by month in pdf format (under the Download column). Currently .csv invoice formats are not supported
Q: What is different about the new invoice format?
A: The new Improved invoices format addresses many current customer pain-points
- Sales Tax called out separately in the Invoice Summary
- Detailed Sales Tax Summary Section
- Usage Detail by Product that includes Price in Minutes
- PO details listed by User
- Access to historical (pre billing system migration) and the new invoices
Note: PO Summary Page in Invoices and Split Invoicing will no longer be available
Q: What happens to the open invoices I had prior to getting access to the Billing Portal?
A: If your account has an open balance, the balance will be transferred to the new Billing System and there will be two invoices visible in the billing portal ('Payable' - new billing system and 'Historical' - old billing system). The Payable Invoice needs to be paid which can be done by clicking the Pay link next to the invoice
Note: Please DO NOT PAY the historical invoice tied to the old billing system.
Note:. Also currently there is no ability to make pre-payments, will be enabled in a future release soon
Q: What is the available credit balance that shows up as an option during making a payment?
A: The available credit balance is a sum of any unused credit memos and unapplied payments that can be used towards paying an invoice. If the balance is not sufficient to cover the Invoice amount you can use the balance and a credit card to make the invoice payment. Only one payment method can be used at one time.
Q: Where can I update my payment method?
A: Click on the Payment Method Tab to find a list of current payment and the default payment method. You can add and delete payment methods from this page.
Q: Where can I apply for sales tax exemption and see my status?
A: Click on the Billing Account tab (default screen for Billing portal) to find your tax exemption status. To apply for Sales Tax Exemption click on the "Apply for Sales Tax Exemption" link and follow the steps accordingly.
Q: How do I update my Bill to Contact Information?
A: Click on the Billing Account tab (default screen for Billing portal) to find your Bill to Contact Information. Click on the Update Billing Contact link next to the Billing Contact Name to update details regarding your Billing Contact information (Name, address, phone number)
Q: Can I use my unexpired coupons during order check-out after migration to the new billing portal?
A: Unfortunately existing unexpired coupons cannot be used after your migration to the new billing portal. If there are any existing unexpired coupons that you want to use, email email@example.com to request a credit. For invoicing customers, all orders will be billed through the invoice generated at the end of the month (Orders cannot be paid individually)
Q: How is the new Usage Tab different from the older Transactions Tab?
A: The Usage Tab allows you to understand the usage, service, status and quantity in an easy to digest view on a per order basis. Each order includes a status of invoiced or pending. Price information for orders will be available once invoices are finalized near the end of each month.