How do I apply for sales tax exemption?
Customers who are exempt from paying sales tax can provide documentation to request tax exemption in just a few easy steps.
IMPORTANT NOTES: Exemptions must be provided and approved before any orders are placed. We are legally obligated to charge sales tax when there is no exemption in our documents, so we are unable to refund sales tax on any orders that was charged before an exemption is on file.
Approval of exemptions may take up to 72 business hours.
1. In the left-hand menu of your settings page, click on Sales Tax Exemptions, then click the blue Apply for Exemption button. Choose your state from the pop-up, then click Next.
2. Fill in your details on the next page, then click the blue arrow to proceed.
3. You will be asked to select the reason you are requesting sales tax exemption. Please note that you may only select one option. After you've made your selection, click the blue arrow to move to the next screen.
4. On the next page, you will be asked to provide more details regarding your exemption request, depending on your selection. Click the blue View Document button to view the full version of the document you are submitting. Click View Questions to return to the question fields.
IMPORTANT NOTE: Some certificates cannot be submitted online due to state legislation. In these cases, please send a PDF copy of your exemption form to firstname.lastname@example.org.
5. Lastly, you will be asked to enter your name and title, as well as an expiration date. Sign the form using your mouse or finger, then continue to the next page to begin processing your exemption request.
6. After the form has been submitted, you will see a blue confirmation message at the top of the page. You will also see the status of any existing exemptions on this page.