How do I Kickstart Rev Live Captions if it Doesn't Automatically Join My Meeting?
If you are experiencing delays with Rev Live Captions automatically joining your Zoom Meetings, you can follow the steps below to kickstart the process.
Requirements to kickstart:
- You must have an active Rev Live Captions subscription and the proper Zoom settings enabled. Please see the Rev Live Captions for Zoom: Set Up Guide for more details.
- The Zoom Meeting Host must be given access to Rev Live Captions. Please see the "Add Zoom Users in Rev" section of the Rev Live Captions for Zoom: Set Up Guide for more details.
- The Zoom Meeting Host must be present in the meeting. This must be the Host that originally scheduled the meeting, not Co-Hosts or users that were assigned as Host after the fact.
- From the Zoom Meeting as the Host, click "Closed Caption" and then "Copy the API token".
- Go to https://www.rev.com/zoom/start and enter the following:
- Zoom Host's Email: this must be the Zoom Host that originally scheduled the meeting. This Host must be present in the Zoom Meeting.
- Caption API Token: this is the API token copied in the previous step.
- Click "Start Live Captioning" and Rev Live Captions should join your Zoom Meeting within 60 seconds!
You'll know Rev Live Captions have joined your Zoom Meeting when you see a red “LIVE” indicator in the upper left corner of the Zoom window.
Please see Using Rev Live Captions in Zoom Meetings for details about using live captions.