If you are experiencing delays with Rev Live Captions automatically joining your Zoom Meetings, you can follow the steps below to kickstart the process.
Requirements to kickstart:
- You must have an active Rev Live Captions subscription and the proper Zoom settings enabled. Please see the Rev Live Captions for Zoom: Set Up Guide for more details.
- The Zoom Meeting Host must be given access to Rev Live Captions. Please see the "Add Zoom Users in Rev" section of the Rev Live Captions for Zoom: Set Up Guide for more details.
- The Zoom Meeting Host must be present in the meeting. This must be the Host that originally scheduled the meeting, not Co-Hosts or users that were assigned as Host after the fact.
- From the Zoom Meeting as the Host, click "Closed Caption" and then "Copy the API token".
- Go to https://www.rev.com/zoom/start and enter the following:
- Zoom Host's Email: this must be the Zoom Host that originally scheduled the meeting. This Host must be present in the Zoom Meeting.
- Caption API Token: this is the API token copied in the previous step.
- Click "Start Live Captioning" and Rev Live Captions should join your Zoom Meeting within 60 seconds!
You'll know Rev Live Captions have joined your Zoom Meeting when you see a red “LIVE” indicator in the upper left corner of the Zoom window.
Please see Using Rev Live Captions in Zoom Meetings for details about using live captions.