What are the requirements to set up Rev Live Captions for Zoom?
To install and use Rev Live Captions for Zoom, you need a free Rev account and a paid Zoom account. Additionally, you must be the Owner of your Rev account and an Owner or Admin of your Zoom account.
- Create a free Rev account
If you do not have a Rev account, click here to create a free Rev account here.
If you have an existing account, visit Manage Users and check the Teammates table to confirm you are the Owner of your account. Only Rev account Owners are allowed to install Rev Live Captions for Zoom.
- Confirm you have a paid (non-Basic) Zoom account
If you do not have a Zoom account, go to Zoom to choose a plan appropriate for you.
If you have an existing account, visit your Zoom Account Profile page to confirm:
- Your account type is Pro, Business / Enterprise, or Education. A paid Zoom account is required to install and use Rev Live Captions for Zoom.
- Note: while a paid Zoom account is required for installation, both Basic and Licensed users within a paid Zoom account can use Rev Live Captions in their Zoom Meetings.
- Your account role is Owner or Admin. Only Zoom account admins with Marketplace role access are able to install Rev Live Captions for Zoom.
Why do I need a paid Zoom account to set up and use live captions?
This is a Zoom constraint. Rev Live Captions use Zoom’s “live streaming” feature to serve live captions in Zoom Meetings. This “live streaming” feature is only available to Zoom Pro, Business / Enterprise, and Education accounts.