How do I set up Rev Live Captions for Zoom Meetings?
Requirements: To install and use Rev Live Captions for Zoom, you need a free Rev account and a paid Zoom account. Additionally, you must be the Owner of your Rev account and an Owner or Admin of your Zoom account. Click here for additional details.
Install the Rev Live Captions integration
- In your Zoom Live Captions settings page in Rev, click the “Authorize in Zoom” button in the top right corner of the page.
- In Zoom, you will be asked to authorize Rev. Click “Authorize”.
Note: only Zoom account admins can authorize. See “Requirements” at the top of this article for more detail.
- You will know the installation was successful if you are redirected back to the Zoom Live Captions settings page in Rev. Now, the “Start Your Free Trial” button will be in the top right corner of the page.
Start your free trial in Rev
- In your Zoom Live Captions settings page in Rev, click the “Start Your Free Trial” button in the top right corner of the page.
- In the pop up, please choose the quantity of Zoom Hosts you would like to give access to Rev Live Captions. Click “Proceed to Checkout”, enter your payment information, then “Subscribe” to complete.
Note: after your free trial, your paid subscription will automatically begin and your credit card will be charged.
Add Zoom Users in Rev
- In your Zoom Live Captions settings page in Rev, scroll down to the “Manage Users” section.
- To give Rev Live Captions access to Zoom Users in your Zoom Account, enter their email address in the input box and click “Add Users”.
You can give access to Rev Live Captions to any Zoom User in your Zoom Account, including Basic Users. You can also add and remove users anytime.
Note: you must add your own Zoom Host email to the Manage Users section to access Rev Live Captions in your future meetings.
For a list of all Zoom Users in your Zoom Account, please see your Zoom User Management page.
Above the input box, you can see the remaining number of users you can add based on your chosen subscription plan quantity.
Note: you can increase your plan quantity by selecting "Manage Subscription". To decrease your plan quantity, please email email@example.com.
Configure Zoom settings
As a Zoom account Owner or Admin, navigate to your Zoom account settings page.
- In the “In Meeting (Advanced)” section, find the “Closed captioning” option and click the toggle to turn it on.
Note: Zoom turns on the 'Save Captions' setting automatically when you turn on 'Closed Captions'. With this setting enabled, all meeting participants will have the option to save the meeting transcript locally to their computer.
- In the “In Meeting (Advanced)” section, find the “Allow live streaming meetings” and click the toggle to turn it on. Then, click the check box next to “Custom Live Streaming Service”. Leave the “specific instructions” input box blank.
Note: Zoom allows only one live streaming service for any given meeting. Disabling other live streaming services at the account level is not required to use Rev Live Captions, but may be useful to prevent unwanted interference.
As a Zoom Host, navigate to your Zoom Meeting settings specific to you as a Host. Confirm the "Closed captioning" and “Allow live streaming meetings” settings described above are enabled.
- Note: enabling these settings at the account-level should automatically enable them for all hosts in your account, however it is worth confirming these are set.
Your Rev Live Captions set up is complete!
Rev Live Captions will automatically join all meetings hosted by the Zoom Users you nominated under the Manage Users section in your Zoom Live Captions settings page.
Need to uninstall? Click here for additional information.