What is a dictation?
Dications are recordings that include formatting instructions to the transcriber, such as when to start a new paragraph, add certain punctuation, etc. Rev is pleased to transcribe dictations through our Transcription service.
What formatting instructions can Rev follow?
Rev does follow some formatting directions, such as new line, new paragraph, drop down, new heading, bullet numbers, etc. Rev also follows all punctuation directions.
Rev does NOT follow directions to bold, italicize, underline, or strikethrough text. Rev also does not follow directions to center or right-align text. In addition, Rev transcribers will use dashes in place of bullet points.
Tips for getting the most out of your dictation
- Include punctuation directions
- Be sure NOT to select the Verbatim option when ordering - In a verbatim transcript, your formatting instructions will be transcribed word for word, instead of formatted as requested
- Use our free online Editor to tweak your document to meet your needs
- When downloading your transcription, UNCHECK the "Include speaker names" box
- speech to text, dictate, dictation directions, formatting, layout, line break, period, comma.