Sometimes technology products misbehave. If you experience technical issues with any of Rev's software (Line/TC editor, Dash, or Atlas), try these fixes. Together, these fixes solve 99% of Revver technical problems.
Please note that if you have a really old computer or a poor internet connection, Rev's site and tools likely will never work well for you. Rev recommends using the most up-to-date version of Google Chrome, Opera, or Firefox as your browser for compatibility with our Editor.
Technical troubleshooting, in approximate order of priority:
- Close any programs / apps you're not actively using
- Close any browser windows / tabs you're not actively using
- Quit and restart the browser
- Clear browser temporary caches such as browsing history and temporary files
- Restart the computer, to reset all temporary storage (it's amazing how often this helps!!)
- Try switching to threse different browsers (whatever you're not currently using): Google Chrome, Opera, or Firefox (Safari is not recommended. Internet Explorer is not supported.)
- Re-install the browser
- Plug in to your internet router using a cable instead of using wifi. Don't use a cellphone hotspot
- Use a wired instead of wireless keyboard
- Disable browser extensions and plugins such as ad blockers, text expanders, and extra toolbars. BrowseFox, Ask, and AOL toolbars are known trouble-makers
- Make sure your computer doesn't have any malware, by running this program recommended by many PC (and Mac) repair shops: https://www.piriform.com/ccleaner
- In Chrome, try: Settings > Show advanced settings > System > unselect ‘Use hardware acceleration’
- More ideas can be found here: http://www.howtogeek.com/119191/browser-slow-how-to-make-google-chrome-fast-again/