What About Taxes?

All of our transcriptionists, captioners, and translators are independent contractors and therefore Rev does not withhold taxes from your earnings.

We are not tax experts and cannot give you any advice on how to handle your taxes. You should consult a local accountant to assist you in this area.

Due to recent changes in IRS regulations, we do not send 1099-MISC forms since payments are made via PayPal. Even if you made more than $600 last year, any tax information or paperwork you require should be provided by PayPal directly.

More information can be found here:

Here is the relevant tax information from the IRS website:

Have more questions? Submit a request


  • Avatar
    Kristin Unger

    Does Rev have a business number with the CRA in Canada?

  • Avatar
    Cheryl Brown

    Hello Kristin. No, we do not have a business number with the CRA in Canada.

  • Avatar
    Sylvia Boss

    @Kristin Unger, I guess you're in Canada, then, like me? Any further thoughts on this?

  • Avatar
    Shannon Beckstead

    I would like to know about this as well, if there is any further information.

  • Avatar

    Hi, so...Another Canadian here. Any advice on how to report our Rev related earnings to the CRA?


  • Avatar
    Rhonda Vergouwen

    Talk to your accountant. I suggest it will be miscellaneous contract work. As such you can claim office expenses against it.

  • Avatar
    Kimberly Garrison

    HI, I need the Federal ID, Name, Address, City, State and Zip to file a 1099-Misc please?

  • Avatar
    Tabitha Bartolini
    Edited by Tabitha Bartolini
Powered by Zendesk